French ToastCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Beginner
Use leftover homemade French bread or a loaf from the store. This really isn’t complicated, but everyone loves it. ?
French bread or sliced bread Sliced around 1/2″ thick.
Eggs I estimate 1.5 eggs per person.
- Cinnamon Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Cinnamon
- Using cooking spray, lightly coat your skillet or griddle and heat on 250* or medium low.
- Scramble eggs in shallow dish about the size of your slices of bread. (This makes it easier to soak up the last bits of egg on the final piece of bread.)
- Place slice of bread into the eggs and turn to coat. Place the slice then on the hot griddle. Repeat with more slices until griddle or skillet is full.
- Cook on the first side about a minute or until golden brown. Before flipping, sprinkle the slices with cinnamon sugar.
- Flip the slices and cook the second side until the egg is cooked and bread is a beautiful golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with your favorite toppings. ie syrup, berries, whipped topping
- This is a great breakfast to make with your children. Our 6 year old likes to make this all by himself.