Easy Chicken EnchiladasCourse: EntreeDifficulty: Beginner
Not only is this a quick dish to put together for a quick dinner, it’s also delicious. My kids ask for these on nearly a weekly basis.
1 cup ranch dressing
1 cup salsa
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
8 flour tortilla shells
2 chicken breasts – cooked and cubed or shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Cook it up any way you like. Boil the chicken in water or cook it in a frying pan with a tablespoon or two of olive oil.
- In a medium bowl or 2 cup glass measuring cup, stir together the ranch dressing and salsa.* Scoop a few spoon fulls of the sauce into a 9″x13″ baking dish and spread the lightly cover the bottom.
- Lay out the tortillas and spoon some sauce mixture down the center. Put some pieces of chicken on top of the sauce and sprinkle cheese on that. Tuck in the ends and roll the tortillas up.
- Place them in the pan, seam down. Spread remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle more cheese (cuz cheese is so tasty).
- Cover with foil and bake for about 25 minutes.
- *We make 1/2 of the sauce with medium salsa and the other 1/2 with mild then use two 6″x8″ glass baking dishes with 4 medium enchiladas in one pan and 4 mild enchiladas in the other.