Creamy Pasta with HamCourse: EntreeDifficulty: Beginner
This easy pasta dish with Alfredo-like sauce is a delicious, 30-minute meal that is perfect for the weeknight rush or the laid back weekend. This definitely falls into the comfort food category for me.
1 8oz block cream cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 cup mozzarella or Parmesan cheese, shredded We also sprinkle cheese on top of each plate. It’s cheese, you can’t overdo it.
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 12oz box pasta
1 15oz can peas, drained (optional)
1 4oz can mushrooms, drained (optional – My husband can’t stand them.)
6-8 oz kielbasa (optional)
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil and add the pasta.
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, soften the cream cheese and melt the butter. As the cream cheese warms, break it up into smaller pieces (I love my silicone spoon for this because nothing sticks to it).
- Stir in the milk and shredded cheese. Add the seasoning and mix well.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the large pot along with the other add-ins of peas, mushrooms, and kielbasa/ham.
- (If using frozen peas, place the peas in a strainer and drain the pasta over the peas then add both to the cheese mixture.)
- Stir until well-combined. Enjoy!
- We also use different kinds of meet. It’s a great way to use up leftover ham also. Add as much or as little as you want.
- We love making this recipe to use up leftover holiday ham.
- Everyone in our family loves it. I’ve also made this as a meal to take to a friend.