Chicken and RiceCourse: EntreeDifficulty: Beginner
Comfort Food Alert! And just so easy. The whole family will love it.
1 cup rice
1 packet savory herb with garlic dry soup mix see notes below
1 cup water
3 chicken breasts
1 10.5oz can cream of chicken soup mix see notes below
2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread the rice evenly on the bottom of a 9″x13″ baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 of the dry soup mix over the rice, then pour 1 cup of water over top.
- Place the chicken breasts on the rice mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream of chicken soup mix and 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Pour over the chicken and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 of the dry soup mix on top.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours.
- Another delicious option is to use dry onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup mix.
- This can also bake at 275° for 3 hours.